Hydraulic Design of Culverts Workshop
August 2-3, 2011 - *Rescheduled from June 29-30, 2011*
Iowa State University, Ames, IA
Join us for the Hydraulic Design of Culverts Workshop on August 2-3, 2011 at the Scheman Building in Ames, IA.
Benefits of attending the workshop:
- Understanding how to determine peak discharge rates and develop stage-discharge rating curves used in hydraulic designs.
- Gaining insight into the Iowa DOT and IDNR design criteria and approval guidelines for culvert design projects.
- Reviewing the hydraulic principles for design of culverts and learn how to design pipe and box type culverts.
- Learning how to design culverts using the HDS-5 design charts and computer programs such as Iowa Culvert Program and FHWA HY-8 software.
- Learning how to design special culverts such as drop and tapered inlets.
- Receiving hands-on instruction in solving workshop problems and use of the computer software.
- Learning how to design tie-downs for corrugated metal culverts.